Wednesday, July 31, 2013

GREAT Podcast: Filmspotting

I once heard a comedian's definition of middle age: All of a motorist's radio dial pre-sets programmed to talk radio stations. I don't know if that is true, but I know that I prefer the sound of chatter to tunes while driving, so you do the math.

Lately I have been listening to podcasts that cover interesting content. One terrific find has been the Filmspotting podcast (available also as an app for iPhone and Android) and the Filmspotting.net website. The two hosts are Adam Kempenaar (who hails from the same small Iowa town as I do) and Josh Henson, a former film critic at a Chicago newspaper. The banter is smart. The breadth of their film knowledge is impressive.  I really like the inclusion of lists (top 20 movies of the decade; best five films for 2013 thus far; top five movie robots, etc.). One recent episode found the hosts discussing the top five Christ figures, including the robot in the Iron Giant and the character Babette in Babette's Feast.

The best thing about this podcast is that I can hook my phone up to a media cable in my car and listen to it while driving to/from this class.... Voila! More talk radio!

Enjoy! http://www.filmspotting.net/

No comments:

Post a Comment