Friday, July 26, 2013

A Counterargument via Willa Paskin



I cannot tell you how delighted I was to find an email reply from Willa Paskin in my inbox this afternoon.  I was beginning to worry that she may not actually reply a second time to my interview questions, especially in time for me to include them in my first paper that I am furiously writing, or that I may have dreamed my initial email exchange with her. 

While I don't want to give away her entire response, I did ask her to comment on our class theme of "Why TV is Better Than Movies." She directed me to the following article "Stop Saying That TV is Better Than the Movies" published just last week in Slate by David Haglund, editor of Slate's Culture Blog Browbeat.

What are you thoughts about Haglund's position and the counterclaim?

---

photo credit: http://www.salon.com/2012/12/21/top_10_tv_of_2012_%E2%80%94_and_a_preview/

No comments:

Post a Comment