Friday, August 2, 2013

Ronald D. Moore Does Romance

It's no secret that I'm not a huge sci-fi fan, and I've never seen Battlestar Galactica beyond what I've been shown in various classes. So I don't come across articles about Ron Moore all  that much, but I got one in my inbox this morning and was surprised to see that his work is about to swing in my direction.

There's been a big buzz on the women's pop culture blogs about the upcoming adaptation of a classic historical romance series by Diana Gabaldon called Outlander. Starz is taking the project on, and when it was in early talks, there wasn't a showrunner attached--at least not one they were making public. Sometime between my reading the original article and Comic-Con, Ron Moore took on the project, and he's made headlines by promising that both he and Starz aren't interested in changing the books to suit their own visions.

So far, people seem to be cautiously excited about the series. Moore seems like a straightforward guy, so I'm trusting him on this. I can say one thing for sure, though--if he changes things, he'll have a screaming mob of romance readers to deal with! (For these people, it would be blasphemy, like having Gatsby live happily ever after with Daisy. I'm not exaggerating even slightly.)

Ron Moore on Outlander

No comments:

Post a Comment