Friday, August 2, 2013

Is Sci-Fi Television Endangered?

I came across this short article that highlights the steep decline in science fiction television programs this season. Star Trek producer/writer Roberto Orci claims that TV is turning to fantasy in lieu of sci-fi because the latter genre has earned tepid box office revenues in the past year. Although I'm still holding out hope for S.H.I.E.L.D. (That still counts as sci-fi, right?), I think it's been some time since we've had a really solid sci-fi television show. Fringe is the last really quality sci-fi drama I can think of, but Falling Skies has been a hit-and-miss for me. And don't get me started on NBC's Revolution. Anyway, more can be read here:
http://www.thewrap.com/tv/article/tca-sleepy-hollowstar-trek-producer-roberto-orci-fantasy-displacing-sci-fi-107656


No comments:

Post a Comment