Saturday, February 19, 2011

The Worst Movie You've Ever Seen

If you were to ask me what the best movie I've ever seen is, I wouldn't have an answer for you. I couldn't even tell you what my personal favorite movie is. I've seen so many good movies that to pick just one would be like Sophie's choice (which, by the way, I haven't actually seen, but I plan to watch it someday).

On the other hand, if you asked me what the worst movie I've ever seen is, I wouldn't even have to think for a second about my answer: Did You Hear About the Morgans? It was a movie so terrible that I can't come up with one positive thing to say about it. In fact, the best part of the movie was the twenty minutes or so that I fell asleep during it.

So, why did I give the "worst movie" title to Did You Hear About the Morgans? It was bad in every way possible. I normally love Hugh Grant and his movies, but even he couldn't save this one. In fact, he almost seemed embarrassed to be in it. So did everyone else. The dialogue was atrocious. In fact, one "serious" line near the end of the movie was so painfully written that I burst out laughing. And (besides maybe that one line) it wasn't even funny in a so-bad-it's-good way. It was terrible in a how-much-longer-is-this-going-to-last way. After sitting through the movie, I honestly felt like I should get some kind of reward. It was so bad that I would seriously wonder about anyone who liked its mental health. I'm actually pretty disturbed that it got as high as a 12% fresh on RottenTomatoes.

So, I pose the question to anyone reading this: What's the worst movie you've ever seen?

No comments:

Post a Comment