Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Movies Like Exam (or The Last Song)

I've noticed that a lot of (well, relative to my total amount of viewers) people have found my site by googling "movies like Exam." I also have gotten a couple of viewers searching for movies like the Last Song. At first, I thought that was slightly weird, but then I realized that it was probably because I have the word "like" in my blog title.

I like to provide readers with the content they want. So I thought I'd try and help out those who are looking for movies that are like Exam or The Last Song.

Personally, I can't think of any movies that are super similar to Exam. However, I watched Frozen recently, and it reminded me of exam, even though it wasn't extremely similar. It reminded me of Exam because it too was a minimalist thriller that took place largely in one setting. Also, it had the same indie vibe that I got from Exam.

As for The Last Song, although it's obvious, I'd have to recommend any other movies about teenagers based on books by Nicolas Sparks such as Dear John, A Walk to Remember (which is a much better movie than The Last Song), or even The Notebook (which for much of the movie isn't about teenagers). I'm going to mention the recommendation site, Jinni, below,  but they suggest that Remember Me is a movie similar to The Last Song. I'd like to second this recommendation. While Remember Me honestly wasn't a movie that I loved (neither was The Last Song), it did have the same teenage-angsty vibe that The Last Song had.

Although I tried my best with these suggestions, I honestly don't feel they were that helpful. So, I'm providing a link to a movie recommendation site that I feel might be helpful.

Jinni is one of the best movie recommendation sites I've come across. Here are the pages for Exam and The Last Song that include similar movie recommendations. However, you can also search by many different criteria to find a movie on the site. I'd definitely recommend checking it out.

http://www.jinni.com/movies/the-last-song/
http://www.jinni.com/movies/exam/

Do you have any suggestions for movies like Exam or The Last Song? If so, please feel free to share them below. I'd love to hear what you'd suggest.

No comments:

Post a Comment