Monday, October 21, 2013

Television's Amusements of the Week (10/13-10/19)

Most weeks, a handful of amusing moments from TV shows stick out at me. Sometimes these moments are intentional; many times they're not. Regardless of their intent, here are five that caught my eye last week.

1) Silas Goes Greek (The Vampire Diaries)

Ancient Greece Silas Two Thousand Years Ago from Vampire Diaries
The flashback styling on The Vampire Diaries never fail to amuse me, but Silas's ancient Greek style might take the cake for funniest costuming yet. Forget the outfit; the curls alone would have earned this moment a spot on the list.


2) Mellie's Drunken Monologue (Scandal)

 

 
I love Mellie in just about any form, but drunk Mellie might take the cake. With just one scene in which she celebrates her continued ability to make her "puppet husband dance," the bouffanted first lady stole the show.


3) Julia's Nightmarishly Hideous Vest (Parenthood)

 

Erika Christensen as Julia Graham wearing an ugly vest on Parenthood
Sometimes when I'm cold, I'll wrap a blanket around myself as a makeshift poncho. It's not a good look, and yet it's still 10 times more fashionable than this sartorial monstrosity. I know Julia's supposed to be in a rough place on the show, but this vest needs to be burned with fire.


4) Sarah's Gummy Bear Scheming (MasterChef Junior)

 

Sarah with Gummy Bears on MasterChef Junior
Don't be fooled by the cute exterior of MasterChef Junior's youngest competitor Sarah. As she enjoyed the perks of a challenge win, safety and a massive container of gummy bears, she explained to Gordon Ramsay her plan to make Jack think she's his friend so it will be "that much easier to wipe him out." She then called Jack over so she could drop a gummy bear from above as a sign of good will.

 

 

 5) The Return of Jessie Spano (Dancing with the Stars)

 

 
I'm so excited. I'm so excited. I'm so ... happy that this actually happened. Last week Elizabeth Berkley reenacted her iconic caffeine addiction scene from Saved by the Bell on Dancing with the Stars, and it was everything I wanted it to be.



What television moments amused you last week? Chime in with a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment