Monday, April 11, 2011

Steal Their Style: How to Dress Like Your Favorite TV Characters

I feel a little bad for doing this post because my last post was a list of links too. However, I'm swamped with school work at the moment, and I haven't felt like doing a lot of extra writing on top of that. Plus, my brain is pretty much mush right now because I didn't get a whole lot of sleep last night due to my lovely eight o'clock class. Anyway, you probably don't care about that, so I'll move on to what I was actually planning on writing about.

Today, I thought I'd round up some of the best links I've found on copying the styles found on TV Shows. A couple of them are specific to a certain show, but some are a bit more general.

But first (and feel free to read that in Julie Chen's voice in your mind), I thought I'd share what what my super scientific research aka Google's auto complete revealed to be some of the television show most commonly searched for as style inspiration. I've tried to find some kind of style resource for these shows that came up in my search, but I was unable to find one specifically for General Hospital, and the 90210/Gossip Girl resource is less than stellar. If you're looking for clothes from these shows, you might want to try some of the more general resources I've listed.




Specific Show Style

As you can see, Glee seems to be a very popular show for finding fashion inspirations. To find a article of clothing seen on Glee, you should try Glee Style.

How I Met Your Mother Style is great for finding looks from, you guessed it, How I Met Your Mother.

The CW Store has a few of the items from Gossip Girl, 90210, and The Vampire Diaries (one ugly necklace as of now for this show) available for sale.

If you're a fan of the t-shirts seen on The Big Bang Theory, check out Sheldon's Shirts.

The Possessionista has done a great job of finding some of the style seen on The Bachelor.


More General Resources
 If you can't find what you're looking for at any of the above sites, here are some more general places to look.

I haven't explored CoolSpotters too much, but it seems to be like a good place to look for a certain show's (or movie's) style.

As far as I can tell Find That Style, is a fairly new site. Their aim is identify clothing seen on television. The amount of clothes they've identified seems to be fairly small right now, but it will be an interesting site to keep an eye on.

College Fashion has a series of posts based on emulating a television character's style. While this probably won't help if you're looking to find a specific article of clothing, it's a good place to go for  character style inspiration.

That's all of the links I have to share at the moment. If you know another good site to find television style, feel free to share it in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment