Thursday, October 14, 2010

Babies is Adorable

If you haven't heard of the French documentary Babies, you may wish to correct the grammar of my title. If you have, you probably will still want to correct my title because I don't know how to italicize in a title, and it looks like I'm talking about babies not Babies. 

Ever since I saw the trailer for Babies, I wanted to see it. Why? Babies are adorable, so Babies should be adorable. In fact, I have a theory that the cutest things in this world are babies and puppies (can be substituted for another cute baby animal). And yes, I just realized I referred to babies as a thing. I didn't know how to group it otherwise because if I said living creatures, I could potential be saying that staplers are the cutest of everything and babies/puppies are just the cutest living creatures. And that's just not true, in my opinion at least. I'm sure there's some stapler aficionado out there that thinks otherwise. Well, maybe there is. Wow, I've gotten really off topic. So, let's go back to the movie.

There's not too much to say about Babies because there wasn't much to it. It's a collection of cute videos of four different babies. The babies are from Namibia, Mongolia, Tokyo and San Francisco. There's no narration, no interviews, and very little dialog. I enjoyed it because I find babies adorable and thought it was interesting to see how different cultures raise children. There were a lot of cute and funny moments. There was even a couple of puppies! I really enjoyed Babies. That being said, I could see how someone could find it boring.

Really, it's quite simple to decide if you should see this documentary. Ask yourself, "Am I content to just watch four cute babies be adorable for a hour and twenty minutes?" If the answer is yes, you should see the movie. If the answer is no, you should check to see what's pumping your blood because you obviously don't have a heart. I'm completely kidding. If it's no, just don't see the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment